Dental Check Up, Clean & X-rays
Fixed Price Dental Check Up $99
Time for your dental check-up?
If you don’t think you have any obvious dental problems and you want to get your teeth checked and have a professional scale and clean, our fixed price dental check-up and clean is the best way to get started.
It might only be $99, but this is a detailed, complete oral examination.
We don’t cut corners with your oral health.
Here’s what you can expect at our Dental Check-up and Clean visit:
- We start by taking your dental photos and digital x-rays (if you need them), so we have all the information we need to give you an accurate diagnosis. This is all included in the $99.
- Your Dentist will show you photos of what we can see and discuss any problems you may have.
- We check the health of your gums, cheeks, lips, tongue and oral mucosa (skin of the mouth). We check for oral pathology (such as oral cancers) at every check-up.
- Your teeth will be professionally cleaned to remove plaque and any hard deposits and given a thorough polish to remove surface stains. This isn’t just to make your teeth feel amazing; it also works as a reset for the bacteria that live in your mouth, reducing your risk of decay and gum disease.
- Every patient receives a concentrated tooth mineral treatment specifically selected for their teeth. This concentrated application gives your teeth a lasting bath of minerals such as calcium, phosphate and fluoride, lowering your risk of decay and tooth wear.
- We can also offer our help with choosing the right dental products for you to use at home.
If any dental problems are discovered we’ll discuss your options, give you ALL the fees upfront and in writing and let you decide what you want to do.
If you require any further dental treatment which isn’t a part of our fixed price dental scope of services we’ll refer you to a nearby dentist we know and trust.
Our dental checkup & clean service covers the following dental codes -examination (011, 012), scale and clean (114) or removal of plaque (111), fluoride (121), x-rays (022 x 2) and OPG (037) unless one or more of these items are deemed unsuitable for the patient, in the clinical opinion of the dentist.
Our Fixed Price Check Up & Clean will save you over $280!!
Actual Cost ( from average dental clinic)
|Scale & Clean||$115.00|
|Fluoride Treatment||$ 45.00|
|Intra-Oral Images||$ 41.00|
|TOTAL COST (from average dentist)|
When you book your Fixed Price Dental check-up and clean, your dentist will assess your teeth, gums and overall health of your mouth.
At Fixed Price Dental we recommend 6 monthly check-ups to stay on top of your dental health. Regular check-ups also help to detect diseases, abnormalities and early signs of decay.
In general, a check-up and clean will include:
To assess the overall health of your mouth and determine if any further work is needed
Cleaning of the teeth including a scale and polish to help remove stains, built-up plaque and tartar.
As standard practice, we usually take decay-view X-rays to check in between the teeth. Depending on your case and whether your dentist already has one on file, they may want to take another x-ray of your mouth. This is so they can get a better look of your teeth, jaw alignment, view decay between teeth and to monitor your teeth over time.
To strengthen the enamel of your teeth, fluoride may be applied to teeth to protect them against tooth decay.
All of this for just $99 fixed price.
How long does a dental check-up and clean take?
Depending on what treatment you need, a dental check-up and clean can take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour.
For instances where you have no dental concerns and your teeth are in perfect shape, your dentist will just perform the clean, apply fluoride and you can be on your way within a few minutes.
In general, most routine patients will only need cleaning, scaling, polish and fluoride which can take around 20-30 minutes and then approximately every 2 years decay-view X-rays are updated.
Does the dentist need to know my medical history?
If you have not been to the dentist before or you are visiting a new dentist, they need to be aware of your medical history. If you have a history of gum disease, for example, your dentist may diagnose and provide different treatment options for your case. We require this to be updated approximately every 2 years.
It is also good practice to keep your dentist updated with any medication you are taking as some prescriptions can cause dry mouth. Dry mouth can facilitate the creation of cavities as bacteria (which eats away at enamel) is not regularly washed away by saliva.
At-home Dental care
After your check-up and clean your dentist may provide recommendations to improve your oral health care. Some suggestions might be brushing techniques, flossing, diet and nutrition, or smoking.
If you follow your dentists at-home hygiene suggestions, you may reduce your chances of developing dental problems and you may maintain your natural teeth for longer.
Next steps / when is my next treatment?
Depending on the visit, your dentist might need you to come in for another appointment. This might be due to the need for a more complex treatment like fillings, crowns or bridges.
If no further treatment is required, your next visit to the dentist will be in six months to see how your oral health is coming along.
Book in for your Fixed Price Dental $99 check-up and clean online today.